Infection Control Department Overview
We are committed to provide outstanding test quality and customer service.
Highlights for NEW HOPE MEDICAL CENTER Laboratory Services
- World's Best diagnostic technology
- All tests are run on all days
- Full time, dedicated & professionally qualified Microbiologist ,Lab technologist and Technicians
- Integrated approach: Clinicians and Physicians come together in early and correct diagnosis.
- Standards: Constant training, higher reporting standards, computerized data management, adherence to strict protocols, quality management.
The laboratory provides a wide range of services to all the hospital inpatients and also to a vast number of outpatients. Outpatients are seen both within the institution and throughout the community.
The Laboratory services at NEW HOPE MEDICAL CENTRE is unique in using advanced technology and having fully automated walk away systems in the department of Biochemistry, Hematology, Microbiology and Serology which provide round the clock services, seven days a week. The laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and has a team of efficient, motivated, knowledgeable and qualified Microbiologist and technical staff who are constantly involved in producing accurate and reliable results and upholding quality assurance.
All the blood samples in the laboratory testing are collected using vacutainer system of collection The laboratory’s Quality Monitoring system helps to improve the accuracy and reliability of results in term of internal Quality Control (QC) as well as external proficiency testing materials. Internal QC material is analyzed at predetermined intervals along with patient samples to monitor systemic and random errors. These materials are traceable to international certified reference material so that accuracy of measurements is monitored periodically.
- Well-trained Phlebotomists
- Sample integrity checks at various levels
- Sincere efforts made to accommodate inadequate specimen
- Comprehensive test / Profile Menu
- Fully automated computeriosed Instruments / equipments and IT integration.
- Various levels of validation / Authorization
- Personal review by Microbiologist
- Transparent reporting
- Qualified, Skilled and well Trained Team
- Effective system to accommodate emergency tests.
Practising integrated quality assurance system as per NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) guidelines, which covers
- Internal quality check
- External quality check.
- Proficiency testing
- Inter-laboratory testing
- Regular check of analytical measurements range
- Regular performance monitoring
- Internal and External audits
- Regular quality improvement programme
- Serious attention to feedback and complaints